Greetings
Cruise Ship Offline

Threads: 1
Rainbow  Greetings
Hi, I'm Cruise Ship. Or, at least, that's one name I go by.

I've been lurking around, silently following the progress of PWX on-and-off for quite a while; at least since the days when Mel was still with WGU and it seemed that GameFAQs was the hot spot for PWX discussion. This is my first time participating in the PWX community after those years of lurking; you haven't heard from me anywhere else. The Uprising v0.1 release drove me over the edge, and now here I am. To Dave and the team, I offer the belief that there are many more like me out there, who have thus far remained silent but still wait as eagerly as everyone else for the success of PWX.

It's funny; my interest in PWX has far outlived my interest in pro wrestling. I haven't actively followed any promotions since, I don't know, 2007 or so. But I love a good wrestling game, and have spent countless hours in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and the Day of Reckoning series on the GameCube (the AKI era, unfortunately, passed me by. Don't shoot!). I greatly enjoy modding PC games, so I'm naturally drawn to the open nature of PWX.

I also dabble in sound design for film and games. Perhaps my most notable work in that regard is the title music and some menu sounds for the open-source DDR clone StepMania 5, which I can't recommend enough. I produce quite a bit of electronic music, too (mostly chiptune/drum and bass); I'm not going to spew off about all that here, but the link is there in my signature if you're into that sort of stuff.

All that said, I'm willing to support WGU, PWX, and this awesome community in any way that I can. I look forward to it!
01-23-2013, 04:33 AM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
RE: Greetings
Wow! Nice to have you aboard and finally hear from you! Always cool to hear from people who have been following us since the crazy early days of GameFaqs. I envy your chiptune talent. I have a music background as well but unless it's made out of wood and strings I can't make music with it.

Cheers!
Dave
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Find Reply