How Many Moves Planned For Uprising?
roadwarriorace Offline

Threads: 14
How Many Moves Planned For Uprising?
Dave how many wrestling moves is planned for Uprising?

I remember you said all the moves from No Mercy are going to be in it a few years ago.

Will the following moves be in it?
Road Warriors Hawk:
Top Rope Lariat (Finisher)
Neckbreaker Drop
Jumping Fist Drop
Military Press
Canadian Backbreaker

Road Warrior Animal:
Irish Whip Powerslam (Finisher)
Jumping Elbow Drop
Military Press

Dr. Death Steve Williams:
Homicidal Backdrop Driver (Finisher)
Gutwrench Powerbomb (Doctor Bomb)
Gutwrench Suplex
Oklahoma Stampede
Multiple Military Presses into a Slam or Drop
Football Tackle

Thanks Again Dave,
RoadWarriorAce
"We snack on danger, and we dine on death!!"
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 07:53 PM by roadwarriorace.)
01-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Find Reply
Night Wolf Offline

Threads: 7
RE: How Many Moves Planned For Uprising?
    that is really a hard one to answer because i remember Dave saying that this is a continuing devoloping game so right now there is no way too say for sure how many is going to be in game.
01-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
Uprising moves will be limited from the dev team, but that doesn't mean the mod community won't start finding ways to add more.
01-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Find Reply
Prinsto Offline

Threads: 9
You got that right! Creating animations isn't that hard, because there are enough tutorials for that online. But we finally need a solution to import them. It would be quite nice if we get to know which format the animations have and how to extract them from one of the .dat files.

Dave, wouldn't that be a quite nice way to suck up to the modding community? Wink No, seriously: Please tell us how the animations files are build.
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply
JaoSming Offline

Threads: 11
double please Smile
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline

What do you want to know? I'll help you with as much info as I can Smile
01-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
JaoSming Offline

Threads: 11
(01-10-2013, 11:04 PM)PWX_Dave Wrote: What do you want to know? I'll help you with as much info as I can Smile

I feel like I am correct in that the animations are stored in the PWXDAT.dat file. Confirming that (as well as the purpose of PWXEM.dat, PWXGMD.dat, PWXKEY.dat wouldn't hurt either Wink ) would help, but we also would need to know where the offsets and sizes are stored if I were to update the import/export tool. Then any information on the file type, special parameters, and other basic info for animations would help.
01-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline

Hmmmm I'm going to have to do some digging and it may take a little while. I'm just the bonehead designer after all Wink

(01-10-2013, 11:20 PM)JaoSming Wrote:
(01-10-2013, 11:04 PM)PWX_Dave Wrote: What do you want to know? I'll help you with as much info as I can Smile

I feel like I am correct in that the animations are stored in the PWXDAT.dat file. Confirming that (as well as the purpose of PWXEM.dat, PWXGMD.dat, PWXKEY.dat wouldn't hurt either Wink ) would help, but we also would need to know where the offsets and sizes are stored if I were to update the import/export tool. Then any information on the file type, special parameters, and other basic info for animations would help.
01-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Find Reply
Night Wolf Offline

Threads: 7
(01-10-2013, 11:36 AM)PWX_Dave Wrote: Uprising moves will be limited from the dev team, but that doesn't mean the mod community won't start finding ways to add more.

Hey Dave loving Pro Wrestling X,i am just a texture modder but i would like to try my hand at adding more moves once i crack this WWE 13 texture thing. Which i have got a solution to the position of eyes mouth and so on by readjusting the position of said body parts to match wwe's textures positions. But how do you suggest if you know how to do such a thing that we make more moves and add them too game? Is there going to be alot of coding do you think and if so would it be a good idea to get the community together and have everyone with coding exp work on coding and everyone that has 3d modeling work on that and so on? Also do you think that the community wil be able to come together to do this?

Please just let me dream
01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline

Yes, adding new moves to Uprising is one of the most complicated things to do. Moves are more than just animations, they also depend heavily on various parts of game code for positioning, damage, etc. Since I had to replace a programmer I'm a wee bit hooped in that area at the moment. Just for the moment Smile

What we need to do is completely redesign our animation system before the next game so that adding new moves (and not just visually replacing existing animations) is something the community can have control over. It's a massively complicated undertaking, but one that I feel is in the best interest of Pro Wrestling X going forward. Agree?
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Find Reply