Poll: Would You Like The Option To Assign Knockout Moves In Uprising?
I do not want the ability to assign KO moves in Uprising!
I want the ability to assign KO moves in Uprising!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Signature, Finishers & Knockout Moves In Uprising!
roadwarriorace Offline

Threads: 14
Signature, Finishers & Knockout Moves In Uprising!
Dave I remembered several years ago you mentioned that their will be like 3 or 4 Signature moves that we can assign to our caw and one Finisher. But can we can also assign a Knockout move to any move in our wrestler arsenal. I think a KO would be so COOL. Everytime I see in Fire Pro Road Warrior Animal does his finisher...an irish whip powerslam in Fire Pro Returns and Critical (KO) flashes across the tv screen it looks so damn COOL. It doesn't happen often but when it does in Fire Pro it's something special. I hope you consider KO moves for Uprising.

Thank You Dave,
RoadWarriorAce
"We snack on danger, and we dine on death!!"
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 04:53 PM by roadwarriorace.)
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Find Reply
GaijinD Offline
Yare yare da ze.

Threads: 1
RE: Signature, Finishers & Knockout Moves In Uprising!
What's to stop someone from assigning the knockout property to something like a jab? I suppose the likelihood of a knockout could be proportional to the power of the move, but it could still be dangerous from a gameplay perspective.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.
01-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Website Find Reply
wakigatame Offline

Threads: 2
How about we get the ability to strike downed opponents and pick them up in the game before we worry about stuff like this?
01-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Find Reply
JaoSming Offline

Threads: 11
(01-07-2013, 03:23 AM)wakigatame Wrote: How about we get the ability to strike downed opponents and pick them up in the game before we worry about stuff like this?
because that is already confirmed/obvious/imminent, nothing wrong with looking to the future.
Quote:What's to stop someone from assigning the knockout property to something like a jab? I suppose the likelihood of a knockout could be proportional to the power of the move, but it could still be dangerous from a gameplay perspective.
considering the game is offline/local, let people ruin the game as they please. if/when online play comes, then worry about balancing, or simply require both users have the same exact moves files to avoid a conflicting issue.

Personally, I love the idea. Same with assigning finishers of some wrestlers to non-finisher slots. More customization options the better.
01-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
roadwarriorace Offline

Threads: 14
(01-07-2013, 09:33 AM)JaoSming Wrote:
(01-07-2013, 03:23 AM)wakigatame Wrote: How about we get the ability to strike downed opponents and pick them up in the game before we worry about stuff like this?
because that is already confirmed/obvious/imminent, nothing wrong with looking to the future.
Quote:What's to stop someone from assigning the knockout property to something like a jab? I suppose the likelihood of a knockout could be proportional to the power of the move, but it could still be dangerous from a gameplay perspective.
considering the game is offline/local, let people ruin the game as they please. if/when online play comes, then worry about balancing, or simply require both users have the same exact moves files to avoid a conflicting issue.

Personally, I love the idea. Same with assigning finishers of some wrestlers to non-finisher slots. More customization options the better.

I totally 1000% agree with you on this Jaosming. We should have TOTAL FREEDOM in Uprising to do as we please.

And this is for GaijinD if a silly Liplock (a simple Kiss) in Fire Pro Returns can CRITICAL then we can definitely designate a Jab to Critical if we want to Critical in Uprising!!!
"We snack on danger, and we dine on death!!"
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013, 02:51 PM by roadwarriorace.)
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
First, we need to actually add the KO functionality. But I like the idea!
01-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Find Reply
GaijinD Offline
Yare yare da ze.

Threads: 1
(01-07-2013, 01:34 PM)roadwarriorace Wrote: And this is for GaijinD if a silly Liplock (a simple Kiss) in Fire Pro Returns can CRITICAL then we can definitely designate a Jab to Critical if we want to Critical in Uprising!!!

Can it? Is that one of Danshoku Dino's moves? I knew FPR had the Danshoku Driver, but I didn't recall it having the kiss. Anyhow, I suppose it's a design decision. I mean, it's not like it's impossible to KO somebody with a well-placed jab. I still feel like there should be thought toward balance, even in early days. Wrestling games are built for multiplayer, after all, and customization breaks down when there's an obviously overpowered option. In other words, I'd rather see this executed in a way that adds depth rather than encourages "optimal" move sets. I'm sure people will find ways to min/max their created wrestlers without the PWX team handing them an obvious choice.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.
01-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Night Wolf Offline

Threads: 7
    That would be awesome to have in the final release.
01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Find Reply