Jao's Stuff - Backyard Arena, "Blank Slate" Arena Base
JaoSming Offline

Threads: 11
Jao's Stuff - Backyard Arena, "Blank Slate" Arena Base
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel Free to Edit and Re-Release Anything I Create! Just Give Credit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiny's Trailer Arena
[Image: njkdvl.jpg]
[Image: fPRS2l.jpg]
[Image: 6sxIBl.jpg]
[Image: 9nKpKl.jpg]

After making that arena base, I sat down and whipped this out. Pretty basic, and very frustrating to make, but the job got done. I used fragMOTION to edit all the model files, GIMP for the textures.

!Remember to Backup Your Original Files!
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?544wdevu8lx0oon

------------------------=========================------------------------

"Blank Slate" Arena Base
[Image: jWYNRl.jpg]
[Image: N8yfcl.jpg]
....seriously, I don't know what to call this. BTW, Ignore the textures, I was just screwing around. I did not include the textures in the download.

So, this is a blank slate for people who want to make their own gyms or arenas. I modified the floor and windowlining models to pretty much match the playable area, and everything else was moved "up" above the ring, out of view.

In fragMOTION these are the dimensions I used
Code:
Floor Height = y -285
Ring Height = y -178

Ring Center ~ x 369, z 20

Boundaries are a 1500x1500 square

Camera Near Left Boundary = x 1119, z -730
Camera Near Right Boundary = x -381, z -730
Camera Far Left Boundary = x 1119, z 770
Camera Far Right Boundary = x -381, z 770

So, to create new arenas, you should first export the default models into a folder of your choice, and one by one import them into this model file for editing. So start with just the walls, or just the bench, punching bag, balcony, sky, etc. Edit it, check it out in game, then go back and do it again as you build your arena model by model.

REMEMBER: Back up your original files before replacing them with this download.

.zip   Blank Slate Arena.zip (Size: 558.39 KB / Downloads: 10)
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM by JaoSming.)
01-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
JaoSming Offline

RE: Jao's Stuff - Backyard Arena, "Blank Slate" Arena Base
Got lucky with the napping baby freetime this evening....so I made a backyard arena? lol

Enjoy guys, I hope you like it and the "Blank Slate" arena is useful for whatever you guys want to make!

http://youtu.be/gBR6JiEU6zY

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 12:31 AM by JaoSming.)
01-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
YES! Love what you are doing! THANK YOU!!
01-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Find Reply
wakigatame Offline

Threads: 2
I'm gonna try (emphasis on TRY) to do a New Japan arena with this. Logic says I's gonna faaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil. Thanks for this, though!

EDIT: I haven't opened Fragmotion yet, how hard would it be to make the turnbuckles New Japan has? They have these boxing type things in the corner, and I kinda really want those so as to make the arena look complete.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM by wakigatame.)
01-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
JaoSming Offline

(01-04-2013, 11:30 PM)wakigatame Wrote: I'm gonna try (emphasis on TRY) to do a New Japan arena with this. Logic says I's gonna faaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil. Thanks for this, though!

EDIT: I haven't opened Fragmotion yet, how hard would it be to make the turnbuckles New Japan has? They have these boxing type things in the corner, and I kinda really want those so as to make the arena look complete.

pretty easy, simply dragging one of the turnbuckles until it hits the ring mat (Y -178)

the hard part is editing the UV map to texture it, something I am not too good with
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Find Reply