My first 15 minutes with the Uprising beta
Von Krieger Offline
Formally Raven Ankh

Threads: 2
My first 15 minutes with the Uprising beta
Copied from the e-mail I sent Dave...

I can definitely see what you mean about the game needing quite a bit of polish.

My first problem was immediate when I started a match; my controller doesn't work with the sole exception of the Start button, which will bring up the pause menu, but will not remove it.

No matter what I do it will only recognize that one button. It might be the fact that my controller is not an Xbox controller.

Though I'm aware it's a beta, having some sort of document included with the game that tells you what the buttons are for the keyboard and gamepad would be helpful.

The game doesn't seem to hold onto settings between game sessions either, I have to go and turn down the music every time I open it.

I switched the input to keyboard and then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what the controls were.

The strong strike (Grapple+Strike) seems a bit odd in that it activates when you release the buttons, rather than when you hold them.

Now that I'm thinking about it, let me see if tossing the Xbox controller emulator into the directory will work... nope.

Turn off Xpadder entirely? Nope. Though it turns out that I'd accidentally saved over my 'blank' template, so the start button was working because it was being treated as a press of the Esc key.

So yeah, controller no work.

Oh, and a few minutes into the one match I played on the keyboard the action froze up and refused to proceed any further. Both wrestlers locked up and stopped moving entirely and my character did not respond to key presses. I was still able to open and close the menu and back out of the match. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing at the time of the lock up, though, so I doubt I could reproduce it.
12-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Find Reply
Von Krieger Offline
Formally Raven Ankh

Threads: 2
RE: My first 15 minutes with the Uprising beta
Er... I think this might belong in the bugs forum. I had a few subforums open in tabs.
12-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Find Reply