Known Issues
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
Known Issues
So, this first release is limited in the following ways:

no balcony access
no match rules

The following issues are known and are the reason we are shipping as "work in progress"

no ground strikes to lying opponents
no reversals
no tap out anis or "SUBMIT" graphics
aspect ratio stretching issues with some monitor settings
pin timing rough
AI in alpha. In this build opponent walks randomly and just tries to kill when in range. No behavior to speak of.
Irish whip unlimited direction. Can be thrown in opposite of ani position
Grapple synch in turnbuckle hilariously random
Collision outside of ring working too well. Forces some very ugly animations positions when doing submissions of grapple moves too close to objects
Some button "presses" improperly defined as taps or holds
Various missing animations cause glitchy transistions in places (striking opponent in turnbuckle for ex.)
Strike from ring to apron disabled while we fix ani
Flying move to lying opponent uses standing opponent move until ani is fixed
No chair shot to lying opponent.

All of the above issues are being addressed as free updates immediately following Uprising v0.1 release in December. We're taking a big risk shipping an essentially unfun and unfinished Uprising but I'm betting we'll be able to make a much better game with players' feedback at this stage. Actually finish building this game WITH the fans like we promised. And then everyone can see the things we need an art reboot to fix. Excited!!

Thanks for your patience and help guys!

The best way to test is to have a controller plugged in before you launch the game. It will be auto detected. Choose 2 player match. P1 by default will be gamepad and P2 will be keyboard. That way you can easily set up different positions to try. That's what she said.

THANK YOU!!
12-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Find Reply
xruiner89 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Known Issues
Looking forward to seeing how the game grows and gains these features. The only reason i own a console is for wrestling games, it's a dream come true to have one on PC (WWE RAW DOES NOT COUNT). Really hope the game makes it onto Steam too!
12-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Find Reply
Undertaker666 Offline

Threads: 2
(12-17-2012, 09:25 PM)xruiner89 Wrote: Looking forward to seeing how the game grows and gains these features. The only reason i own a console is for wrestling games, it's a dream come true to have one on PC (WWE RAW DOES NOT COUNT). Really hope the game makes it onto Steam too!

you should sticky this thread so it would be on the top of the forum.
12-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
Good advice Smile
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Find Reply
Undertaker666 Offline

also i think this should be copied to the bug reports section. a lot easier to check before you post new bugs.

1. No ground strikes to lying opponents

2. No reversals

3. No tap out anis or "SUBMIT" graphics

4. Aspect ratio stretching issues with some monitor settings

5. Pin timing rough

6. AI in alpha. In this build opponent walks randomly and just tries to kill when in range. No behavior to speak of.

7. Irish whip unlimited direction. Can be thrown in opposite of ani position

8. Grapple synch in turnbuckle hilariously random

9. Collision outside of ring working too well. Forces some very ugly animations positions when doing submissions of grapple moves too close to objects

10. Some button "presses" improperly defined as taps or holds

11. Various missing animations cause glitchy transistions in places (striking opponent in turnbuckle for ex.)

12. Strike from ring to apron disabled while we fix ani

13. Flying move to lying opponent uses standing opponent move until ani is fixed

14. No chair shot to lying opponent.

This will be easier to read.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012, 01:56 AM by Undertaker666.)
12-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Find Reply
roadwarriorace Offline

Threads: 14
Some button "presses" improperly defined as taps or holds

Well I definitely know about this one. Drove me nuts when playing Uprising.

And another bug is the game freezed up on me twice.

With all the bugs you listed. Their is alot of potential once these bugs are fixed and updates come out for a good foundation to build a good game...Uprising and from their a great game....Pro Wrestling X. From this you can create a franchise that keeps getting better and better with every installment and I'll be there for you Dave supporting you financially and in any other way I can.
"We snack on danger, and we dine on death!!"
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2012, 04:22 AM by roadwarriorace.)
12-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
Undertaker666 Offline

i'm pretty sure you should remove the coupon from your post as it was only intended for you.
12-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Find Reply
eggie25 Offline

Threads: 3
1. i think a more natural motion to do finishers would be X/A instead of A/B on the xbox controller.

2. the run and stop button should be the same button. as of right now, i can't even tell you how i stop lol.

I have an idea for grapple moves. you should go with the fire pro set up where once the grapple is initiated, there is one button for weak grapple moves, one for medium grapple moves, and one for strong grapple moves. if you combine it with the tap/hold thing you have going on and the directions on the analog, that would mean 10 moves per button. so 10+10+10 including a grapple finishing move (if the character's particular finisher is a grapple move) will result in 31 slots for grapple situations (ofcourse some wrestlers don't have that many moves but that's where we can just double down for some of them). then we can use the 4th button as a tag-team move modifier through grapple situation that would allow for moves such as the doomsday device, hart-attack, demolition decapitation, and other moves that require different holding positions. i'm going to make a thread and see who will back this idea. hopefully it gets enough support and will help convince you Dave.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM by eggie25.)
02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Find Reply