General feedback
wakigatame Offline

Threads: 2
General feedback
First, if this is in the wrong board please move it. Second, here's the stuff I noticed my first go round.

- There's a lot of lag between button press and the on screen action when I use my gamepad. It's a PS2 controller hooked up via USB adapter, but I have no lag when playing other games.
- Like, everyone has the sharpshooter. It's a cool move but wow.
- I love the old school rendering option.
- Maybe add the names of the characters? It's fun saying "Motherfucker in a Mask vs. Ezekiel Jackson in Warrior paint", but I want to know the names!
- I thought you would be able to jump off that balcony? I swear I've seen screens of that but I couldn't get up there.
- There's no way to back out after a match other than to pause and quit.
- There's no audio cue letting you know someone's submitted. Even something on-screen would be nice.
- The camera doesn't need to spin after I win. It's kind of nauseating especially when you are trying to figure out how to back out of a match.

It's not great, but it's playable and there's a ton of potential. I hope you get enough money to throw in more moves but you REALLY need to add the ability to pick opponents up off the mat and strike them. Not having that slows things down a lot.
12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Find Reply
PeteGriffin Offline

Threads: 0
RE: General feedback
First of all, I really like the direction this is going in! I'll also apologise as I'm not that tech savvy, so some of my phrasing may be a little clumsy...

- Only played with a keyboard so far. The number of buttons is great (very AKI!) however, the response time just seems a little lagfgy to me. Like, just a tiny bit.
- When I load the game, menus look great but main game looks stretched and squashed (kinda more like WCW Backstage assault, urgh!). It's probably because I have slightly bigger than normal screen settings but would be nice if the game took that into account and flipped it into standard screen res? Not sure how to get rid of the squash!
- Obviously more moves, animations as already said by the team and the fans.

Overall, I would say that it's not yet a game I would invest time playing but I absolutely see how it could be. I REALLY want to see how this develops! Exciting!
12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Find Reply
The Great Dane Offline

I don't mean to hijack your topic, wakigatame, but this seems like a great topic for us all to post our own feedback in.

Uprising so far is good. It is exactly what I was personally expecting, and I can't wait for more to be added to this. This is going to be great.

Here are some minor issues I came across:

1. Like PeteGriffin, the screen seemed too stretched on my monitor

2. The camera angle seems too low for me personally

3. The button presses also lagged for me a tiny bit. I am using an Afterglow wired xbox 360 controller

4. The game froze during my first match about half way through as the computer controlled No Cara was taunting

Other than that everything seems good. I love seeing the Hammerlock finally on my screen after all these years Big Grin

Oh, and also I was using the retro style look, and it looked pretty awesome, I thought. Very cool.

**Edit**
Just played another match and finished it to the end without it freezing. However, the sound kept making a popping sound when a strike or grapple move was performed. It didn't do that on the first match.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2012, 09:44 PM by The Great Dane.)
12-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Find Reply
Undertaker666 Offline

http://www.forums.prowrestlingx.com/thread-3.html
some of the things you pointed out were addressed here, bug reports go to that section in the forum, i'm guessing this part of the forum is for general feelings from the game itself, and not specific bugs or feature request.
12-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Find Reply
The Great Dane Offline

(12-18-2012, 12:47 AM)Undertaker666 Wrote: http://www.forums.prowrestlingx.com/thread-3.html
some of the things you pointed out were addressed here, bug reports go to that section in the forum, i'm guessing this part of the forum is for general feelings from the game itself, and not specific bugs or feature request.

I know. I wasn't meaning to talk to much about any specific bugs. I just thought I would throw in a couple as I thought about them. They weren't bad or anything, so I didn't want to post a whole topic on what I encountered, especially, as you said, since Dave is already aware of those particular issues.

I'm actually having a blast with it so far Smile
12-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Find Reply
The Game Groomp Offline

Threads: 1
I think I'll be putting this on the shelf until it's a bit more.. playable. There's glitching everywhere in terms of movement, hit detection and.. just about everything else.
12-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Find Reply
Jelly Paladin Offline

Now this is a foundational game. Right now Uprising is sort of an "it is what it is" build, but like PeteGriffin said, I can totally see how it will develop into something bigger and more awesome in the future. Smile Assorted comments:

- Some animations like the Bradshaw hammer, Rings of Saturn, or even a simple snapmare are perfectly similar to AKI's titles. Amidst all the beta glitches, there's an amazing feeling of familiarity and homecoming.

- I like that most of the first moves you chose to show off are good, strong things like piledrivers, German suplexes, and spinning wheel kicks.

- Definitely more sound effects when you can find time and money to get them created. I didn't realize until now how vital it was in the AKI games to have grunts or body stretching sounds when a submission hold is locked on. Crowd cheer noise would be enormously helpful too.

- Wrestlers seem to get off the ground at pretty much the same speed no matter how fresh or beaten up they are, no matter whether they just took an arm drag or the Vertebreaker (I think that's what it's called). This might just be a natural part of a work in progress, but it does make it hard to tell when I'm getting close to being able to pin the CPU.

- Like The Great Dane said, I'd raise the camera angle a bit.
12-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Find Reply
GaijinD Offline
Yare yare da ze.

Threads: 1
Just played the game for the first time, and I agree with a lot of the things said here. Something I'd like to bring up that hasn't been mentioned is menu navigation. That is, I'd like to be able to do it with the controller. It's a bit odd to have to switch between the mouse and controller while playing the game. I notice there doesn't even seem to be a way to pause with the controller; I have to use the Escape key on the keyboard. Is this, perhaps, simply not hooked in to the game yet? Your menu layout seems to be console-styled, completely usable with a pad, yet I have to click on things with the mouse cursor.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.
12-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Website Find Reply
Undertaker666 Offline

(12-25-2012, 03:48 AM)GaijinD Wrote: Just played the game for the first time, and I agree with a lot of the things said here. Something I'd like to bring up that hasn't been mentioned is menu navigation. That is, I'd like to be able to do it with the controller. It's a bit odd to have to switch between the mouse and controller while playing the game. I notice there doesn't even seem to be a way to pause with the controller; I have to use the Escape key on the keyboard. Is this, perhaps, simply not hooked in to the game yet? Your menu layout seems to be console-styled, completely usable with a pad, yet I have to click on things with the mouse cursor.

also with the keyboard.
12-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Find Reply
roadwarriorace Offline

Threads: 14
Quote:Something I'd like to bring up that hasn't been mentioned is menu navigation. That is, I'd like to be able to do it with the controller. It's a bit odd to have to switch between the mouse and controller while playing the game. I notice there doesn't even seem to be a way to pause with the controller; I have to use the Escape key on the keyboard.

I mentioned this to Dave through email. Switching between the use a mouse and gamepad to navigate is a little frustrating to say the least.
"We snack on danger, and we dine on death!!"
12-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Find Reply