Question for PWX Dave
Night Wolf Offline

Threads: 7
Question for PWX Dave
When will we see the next update? I am kinda having second thoughts about this. I need proof of progress in the form of a video. Whether it be done or almost done or not even close but at least the video shows us that you are working on what you said you guys were and that we are not sitting around waiting for nothing.
Do not wake me
03-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Find Reply
Duggan Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Question for PWX Dave
Smile A little bit less pointedly, are there any plans for an upgrade from the current beta? Or can you give us an idea of what parts of the engine are currently being taken apart so they can be reassembled?
03-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
Yes! There are plans to upgrade the current beta. We had such a messy situation when our last programmer left the project that it took me a little while to hire a replacement and properly put together a battle plan moving forward. The core game mechanics are all staying in place with some obvious exceptions like adding proper ground strikes, etc. What we are in the middle of doing now, that I didn't originally plan for but has been a very productive move, is throwing out all of the animation and rendering source code. We've already replaced that and now we are carefully pulling back together the animations and game mechanics, focusing solely on those parts. Our current development build doesn't even contain level assets or anything beyond what we need to improve the core gameplay. I'll be posting a very early sneak peak at the build in the next few weeks.

Cheers!
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Find Reply
Night Wolf Offline

Threads: 7
With this new code how many wrestlers will allow? Will it even be possible to reach the amount of wrestlers that you originally planned(300)? Also what is the possibility of a create a finisher type of option? Will we still be able to place tattoos and logos on wrestlers like we could in the first release? Is there still plans for a titan tron type of entrance in future updates? How about Create A Belt? How will this new programmer be able to make PWX more enjoyable for us fans? I really like how you guys have made it able to play on Macs. Wondering if there will ever be a network play?
Do not wake me
05-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
PWX_Dave Offline
Founder, Producer, Toilet Scrubber

Threads: 5
Great questions! Everything you mentioned is possible, even network play. But our first goal is to give everyone the Uprising update that we promised when we launched the game. It took us four months to replace a programmer since then but we're rockin' right a long again. Once Uprising is updated and more fun to play we'll move along to bigger and more exciting features.
05-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Find Reply