Help Please! I Can't Seem To Win Grapples in Fire Pro Returns?
roadwarriorace Offline

Threads: 14
Help Please! I Can't Seem To Win Grapples in Fire Pro Returns?
I had this game since 2007 and I can't even if my life depended on it win grapples. I even set the difficulty to 1 and played against a wrestler with low stats. I win most of the grapples but they seem random. I don't really know what the hell I am doing. And this has been going on since 2007. I believe actually playing the game is more fun than just sitting for over 5 years simming matches. That's what i've been doing with Fire Pro Returns just simming. I can't seem to get a firm grip on the grappling system. Even if I win the grapple it's more like sheer luck because I don't know what the hell I am doing and I read the grappling guide to Fire Pro Returns.
"We snack on danger, and we dine on death!!"
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Find Reply
GaijinD Offline
Yare yare da ze.

Threads: 1
RE: Help Please! I Can't Seem To Win Grapples in Fire Pro Returns?
Not sure what to tell you, other than it's all about timing. Are you playing on an HDTV? Display lag may be throwing you off. I'm sure the guide mentions this, but make sure you don't mash. Only press the button once, or you'll lose automatically. Are you starting with weak grapple attacks? Medium and strong attacks will almost always be countered at the start of the match. Not sure what else you can do aside from practice.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.
02-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Website Find Reply
wakigatame Offline

Threads: 2
You press the attack button just as the guys lock up.
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
eggie25 Offline

Threads: 3
when the two guys lock up, pay attention to their feet. as soon as their feet stomp the canvas, try to time your grapple attack with it. so pretty much much, directly as the stomp completes, hit the button you wish to use.
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Find Reply
Sweet-Man Offline

Threads: 1
Have to time the button press
04-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Find Reply